Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sinuously Curved Lace Scarf - done :)




I've been participating in the International Scarf Exchange for the past few rounds. For you non-knitting readers, the ISE is a really cool exchange involving about 200 knitters from all around the world, you make a scarf (can be handknit, crochet, or hand woven) for your secret pal, while another secret pal is making one for you. Last exchange, I sent a scarf to Switzerland and received one from Scotland, very cool. This time, the pal I am knitting for is in the US, but still pretty far away.


I finished the scarf for my pal the other night. I made a Sinuously Curved Lace Scarf from SweaterBabe.com. It was a fun knit, the lace wasn't too difficult, the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran was lovely to knit with, and I think it looks terrific :) I will definitely make this pattern again! I will change the lace repeats a bit next time, though - the first 5 rows of the repeat are just a stockinette section, which looks good on the ends, but not in the middle of the scarf. I didn't notice that until I was too far into the scarf to frog back. So its not horrible, but I notice it.


Sorry about the crappy quality of the pics. Everyone knows that photography is not my art :) Plus, it was dark and rainy yesterday, so the lighting is bad. The actual color is a really pretty dusty rose.


5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the curves and the lace! A really great scarf!

nancy said...

Actually, the photo of the whole scarf is great. I clicked on it to enlarge and it is beautiful. This exchange you are in sounds like some real fun. I enjoyed visiting your site.

LBP said...

Wow! That is beautiful. I am a terrible and impatient knitter! I just can't seem to "get" knitting. My hands just won't do it!

Blessings!

Linda

Kelli said...

Your scarf is SO pretty! I love the curves and details!
Kelli

zlamushka said...

That s a gorgeous scarf. Love the curves and the pattern :-)